Friday, October 17, 2008

Beautiful beaches, dirty feet, and Dancing with Mozambican pastors

As I flew into the small dusty airport in Pemba, I was greeted by many mud houses with thatched roofs and a beautiful beach overlooking the sparkling Indian ocean... and finally hundreds of beautiful african smiles at the children's village. I have 3 wonderful housemates and will be expecting 3 more in a few days. The red dirt is always with us to remind us that we are in Africa...i understand the meaning of Jesus washing the diciples feet so much more now. Your skin actually changes a whole shade when you take a shower...which you wish you could do like 4 times a day but due to water shortages... I'm more than thankful for one a day! We have been really enjoying the presence of the Lord during our worship and prayer times. We danced in some incredible African worship with the hundreds of Mozambican today that are being trained in the Bible school here...it was a blast and soo beautiful to see the Kaliedoscope of God's family represented there! I spoke with one who is 24 and already pastors 3 churches!!
Early tomorrow morning we leave to go to minister in a village 3 days drive (in the back of a truck!!) from here... we will be gone about 12 days. Please pray for incredible deepening of relationships on this BONDING experience ... it can be tough to build deep friendships with soo many of us here... and that the Lord will go before us and prepare the way for an incredible move of His spirit... that Jesus would be lifted HIGH and lives would be transformed... beginning with mine!!! Please also be praying for safety and for me to not get car sick on the long trip!! :L) He is sooo good and I'm soo thankful to be witness of how great he truly is... and He is at work even at the ends of the earth. I love all of you and I thank you for holding me up in prayer!! I'm honored by your love. Blessings!
mel

1 comment:

Katie said...

hey girl! i hope you're having an awesome time in mozambique! i look forward to hearing about the orphanage & what all you're doing & how it's going! i found out yesterday that my orientation in north carolina is nov. 19-22, then i leave for kenya after that. it's getting so close, ahh!
i pray that you are healthy & able to shine the LORD's glory over those kids! =)

katie t