Friday, October 10, 2008

Another Adventure Awaits

Sweet Friends..

My heart is growing more and more eager to breathe in the air of the Indian Ocean, to feel the red African dust between my toes, and feel the arms of a precious orphan wrapped around my waist....but even more I can't wait to soak in the healing, transforming, empowering, freeing Presence of my heavenly Father.

For those of you who don't already know I will be embarking on yet another global adventure in just a few short days. I have the great joy and privilege of joining the Iris Ministries team in Pemba, Mozambique along with over 100 other students to sit at the feet of Jesus, worshipping and interceding for the world and for each other, and hopefully learning to be His hands and feet to the poorest of poor and to be a Light in the darkness. All in all, I will be there for 11 weeks in all.... giving me the joy of spending Christmas with the children!

During my time there, I will also be loving on the many orphans at the center, serving and blessing the long-term staff in any way I can, hopefully working in the medical clinic, and sharing the love Jesus has poured into my heart to surrounding bush villages by proclaiming His kindness, giving medical help, and intercession.

Please be praying:
  • Protection for me both physically and spiritually
  • I will begin again to dream His dreams for my life and for the world.
  • Most of all that: His kingdom will come and His Will be done both in me and through me over the next 11 weeks.
May my life never be the same after this pilgrimage with the Lover of my Soul!

More to come....
Until then...

I arrive in Pemba on Oct 15th so please lift up my travel from the 13th to the 15th... that it will be smooth, as restful as possible, and full of His presence and divine appointments!

Love you,
mel


If you would like to join with me in this journey financially, I would be soo blessed!... you can send cash or a check made out to me to my parents address even after I have left!
Their address is:
425 Frost Rd.
Sandia Park, NM
87047

5 comments:

Tammiet said...

Mel,

You are correct, you will never be the same after this trip. There is just something about Africa....
Have a safe trip.
Tammie

Anonymous said...

precious friend,
We will be covering you. I am incredibly excited for you and have great anticipation in my heart about this trip...we believe in the ministry Iris does and we know you will be such a light and blessing there. thank you for praying for my healing and I pray in Jesus mighty name for your protection, health and filling of the Holy spirit to pour into you and through you in greater measures than you have ever known....I love you sweet friend and I love how tenaciously you continue to pursue God, His Kingdom and those that He loves.
We love you...and will be excited to hear from you
Shelli

Lynn said...

Melaney

I am so excited for you! I will continue to pray for you as you travel and spend the next three months in Africa. I know that God will continue to transform you during this time as you pursue His Kingdom to come alive for those who are often left behind. I praise God for the heart He has given you, as you desire to bless the "least". I know that the Father delights in seeing you care for His children! I look forward to hearing about what is going on! Much love!

Anonymous said...

Hye melaney,
muito legal voce estar em mozimbique. bom pra seu port.
oke, i love to hear your stories, and experiences there.
abraco,
Henri -Luzeiro

Anonymous said...

Mel,
I can't wait to hear about all of your awesome adventures. You will definitely be covered in prayer. May the Lord bless this "consecreted" time with him. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Jill