Friday, November 7, 2008

Diving Deeper

The Indian ocean is a constant reminder of the immensity of the Love of God and how incomprehensibly huge He is. Every morning as we worship I can look out and see this physical picture He has given us of just how wide, and long, and deep His love is. He is taking me deeper and deeper into this. Intimacy is the theme of this time.... deep.... true.... constant... abiding intimacy with Jesus. I've heard stories that blew my mind of the intimacy that some experience.... opening my spiritual eyes further to this unseen realm that we were created to live in. We who are born of Spirit and called strangers in this world... Jesus says, we are not OF this world.... and elsewhere Paul says that we are citizens of Heaven. So I'm learning what it is to be a citizen... an ambassador or Heaven here on earth. I'm learning that it is all about Intimacy with the Father, with Jesus and with the Holy Spirit. As we become one with Him... His presence and all the reality of Heaven goes with us where ever we go. It is THIS Presence and NOT our strength... ability... or wisdom that CHANGES LIVES.
Pray that the Lord will expand my capacity to absorb all He wants to pour into me in these next few weeks..... it's intense and can be exhausting at times..... but it is all beautiful!
love you all and I hope to share more later!
mel

No comments: